Saturday, August 5, 2017

A kidney for Tony

A gofundme request.

www.gofundme.com/kidneyfortony



As I've mentioned before, my husband Tony has PKD (polycystic kidney disease), stage 4.
He is currently on the transplant list at Mayo Jacksonville.

We are humbly asking for donations to help cover all the expenses involved. There is the $1000 for his meds he must have before they will even let him leave the hospital after the surgery. Then there is the 30 day stay in Jacksonville we must arrange somewhere (likely a hotel) to be close to his doctors and appointments that first month. Food and gas must be considered.  Also, once he's home, it could be a month or so before he's back to work, so there's home expenses, too. It's a bit overwhelming.

I've estimated $1000 for initial meds, $2000 for 30 day stay, $1000 for food and gas during that time, and 2 months of home expenses at $4000.

That's $7000 total. A scary thought, as we are currently paycheck to paycheck. Life, sometimes it's just, ugh. :)

 Thank you for prayerfully considering a donation. We appreciate it. To God be all the glory!

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! As you read last night, I'm fighting breast cancer. I cannot help right now. I'd like to pray for him and your family though.

    Father God, I plead the blood of Jesus over Tony for full and complete healing. No matter how you choose to do it, it will be miraculous. I thank you Father that Jesus healed everyone who came to him and asked. Be it done unto you according to your faith. God we believe, help us with our unbelief. You are able. You love Tony. You love his family.

    Father I ask that the correct donor be found. That the surgery and recovery be successful for donor and for Tony. I ask that you help Tammy through the maze of bills, living expenses, transportation and housing expenses. Show her the ways she can stretch the money you give her. Father please give her what she needs, give the family what they need.

    Wrap your arms of love around Tony and Tammy. Make his symptoms calm down. Help them to enjoy each day to the fullest. I ask it all in Jesus' name. Amen.

    Hugs to you Tammy. I responded to you on the blog. If you give me your email, I can respond directly to your comments by email.

    Be blessed!

    Please drop by and say hello!
    ஐღLaura ღஐ
    Harvest Lane Cottage
    ...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
    on a short shoestring budget!
    ~~~~~

    I noticed that I am on your blog list. I'm going to add you to mine today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind... I put this out on Facebook and Twitter. If you email me, I'll remove the posts.

    Be blessed,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Rang the bell!

6of 6 chemo done. Thats a wrap, folks. On to radiation!