Friday, January 29, 2016

Menu

Grilled hamburgers and hotdogs,  with French fries (Morningstar farms burger and 97% fat free dog) baked in oven.

Seasoned, baked Tilapia (Gorton's), cabbage, corn

Beef Roast, rice and gravy, peas.

BBQ chicken, pesto pasta, steamed carrots

Ham (in crockpot, so good), beans and rice

Soup (with leftover ham) *using leftover cabbage and other veggies, garlic bread stick

Lemon pepper chicken, baby potatoes, green beans


* All of this is allowed on WW, you just mind portion control. The chicken is whole breasts (no dark meat) and nothing is fried.

Breakfast:

Toast with peanut butter and banana slices on top

Egg muffin (cheese and egg on muffin, I forgot the C. bacon)

Omelet with leftover ham and cheese

Sugar free oatmeal, fruit

Yogurt, sugar free, with fruit and toast


Lunch:

Leftover Hamburgers and hotdogs, baked chips

Tuna salad sandwich, fruit, chips

Salad with leftover chicken, fruit

Turkey sandwich, leftover soup, chips

Quesadillas (cheese and salsa), veggie sticks and dip


Snacks:

WW toffee bar
WW brownie
Fruit
Salads (all fruit and most veggies are free foods)
Sugar free candies (hard, not chocolates)
Stick cheese
Sugar free hot chocolate (with a squirt of sugar free chocolate syrup to dress it up)
Apples with sugar free caramel syrup
Veggie sticks (carrots, celery, cucumber) with low fat ranch dip

All drinks are sugar free (I'm diabetic and finally taking this seriously, and it's showing in my numbers, woohoo!). I use instant tea mixes, Wyler's sugar free mixes, water. I don't like diet sodas, blech! If I can't have the real thing, I'll do without.

Today we ate at Wendy's, as we were in town. I had:

Grilled chicken sandwich (no sauce/mayo/dressing) only lettuce and tomato. Only used half the bun.
Side salad with half of one small dressing packet
Chili, small
Water

I wasn't hungry for 4 hours, and this is amazing for me. I'm trying to be more mindful of when I'm actually hungry versus just wanting to snack/bored/stressed. Hard candy comes in handy here, but the sugar free can lead to....airiness, if you eat several pieces of it, lol.

I love WW so far, b/c you don't have to say NO to any food. Even pizza is allowed. There is no, 'don't eat pasta/bread/potatoes/rice', you just mind portions. Now, I'm one of those people who feel that if one piece of cake/scoop of ice cream/whatever is good, then four times that amount is perfect.

So it does take some personal responsibility. For me, this is the best choice.
So far, so good.





No comments:

Post a Comment

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...