Friday, April 28, 2023

Long time gone

Hi, it's been awhile. I've turned over my old computer to our teenage son for gaming (in the living room, monitored by us), so I've just been using my phone. However, twice I've composed a post, only to have it vanish. So I gave up. Have my own comp now, so heres an update: Dh had a heart valve replaced last year. Two days later,he had a heart block. so they installed a pacemaker. He's doing okay w dialysis, but blood pressure is high again, gets lightheaded or sick at sessions, ect. He was trying to walk our long driveway to build strength, and it was working, but got sick and hasn't felt up to it. Walking or any outing can wear him out. I had to take him to the ER earlier this week for chest pain. No real diagnosis, but it's our small town hospital, so. He sees his heart dr next month, I think. Still off the list at Mayo bc reasons. They've jerked him around for over a year now, and at our last visit, they now want us to build up another 2000 at Ga Kidney Fund. We are not happy w them right now.I understand inflation, ect, but we are weary of their demands. Wanting a test # in this range, meeting it, then saying this other number must be different. Over and over. Ugh. I'm still working part time, still homeschooling. Got a raise, not a lot, but it hleps. Now to save it. Hoping to got to Ky this Sept for a wedding and vaca. In the planning stages now. The boy is taller than I am, and growing facial hair and filling out a bit. Still a beanpole, though. Loves Luigi and My Little Pony. Still friends with the same young man, his first friend. Planning a meetup next weekend. I have a touch of arthritis in my back, causing leg itch and burning on my outer left thigh. Also some ache at the area of my upper buttock, inner hip? on the left, when I work sometimes. Just monitoring it now. Feeling a bit of vertigo here and there, mainly lying down and turing my head certain ways. Going to see ab that, too. I'll be 51 this year. Somedays I feel every bit of it, others no so much. But I sure ain't 20 anymore. Happy Spring!

2 comments:

  1. It's so good to hear from you again. I'm sorry to hear of your husband's health struggles and I can't believe your son is getting so big. He will be a grown man before you know it! You're still young girl. I don't even remember 51. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, lovely Regina!! I pray you are doing well. Time does fly. Happy upcoming summer!

      Delete

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...