Saturday, February 3, 2018

Our Crewe welcomes YOU!

To Mardi Gras at Little Pond!
Enjoy.

Yes, the placemats are two separate shades of green. I couldn't match the end ones, that I'd had for a while, but you make do with what you have. At least the Christmas tree is gone from the corner! lol


Closeup of centerpiece. Each year, I will add to and embellish my decorations, so this is my 'starter' centerpiece. Cheap, but it works. The base of it is actually purple, and so are the feathers, but they are photographing blue. Weird.







Choose your street, sit and eat!



Closeup of candle details. The gold cup can be found at Walmart. The green glass beads at Dollar Tree. 



View from the other end. Hope you enjoyed!


My thoughts: Perhaps next year, I'll make King Cake cupcakes to go at each place setting *at least for the picture taking part*, change out the signs for plates, and add the signs to the chair backs? More beads? Masks? Feathers? Dangle stuff from the light fixture? So many ideas!

4 comments:

  1. Your place settings are pretty! Out of curiosity, what is King Cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a pastry famous for being made at Mardi Gras. Sprinkled with gold/yellow, green, and purple sugar. You can google it to find out the exact facts about it. Some folks just make a reg cake and use the sugar and call it good *works for me, lol

      Delete
  2. Glad you picked up this color combo for the June event. Happy to have inspired you. Thank you. Happy V- day to you. Love Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table is pretty with purple table cloth. Very colorful . Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...