Friday, October 6, 2017

Happy Fall!

It's been a rough few weeks in our house.

Dh continues to have kidney pain, missing work and nearly crying at the intensity.
There was a week of gout in his toes, where he was crawling on hands and knees to the
bathroom. It took 5 days for the medicine to take effect. He can no longer lift and pull things
like he once could, and I'm pretty sure that the riding lawnmower is now going to be my job,
as it jolts his kidneys too much. He's tired of hurting, and I hate this 'new normal'. I want my
healthy, active husband back!

Nonetheless, we know that God's got this. He knew from the beginning that this would be part
of Tony's life, and He will work it out as He sees fit. I try to turn my fears and frustrations over
to him, but some days are better than others. Prayer is appreciated, for all of us.

In other, happier news, here's a link to a number of fun napkin folds, including a cute pumpkin.
In that one, I'd use a cinnamon stick or even a small stick (painted green if you like) rather than
the pickle (how weird).

https://www.brightsettings.com/napkin-folding.html

I'm loving the cooler weather in the evenings, though it remains in the upper 80's and even 90's
here in south Georgia. Upcoming events for us include the local fair, the 9th birthday party for
our son (it was Sept 30, but the party is Oct 14, so Dh can be there), and a rodeo (our first).

What fun things are going on with you?

9 comments:

  1. Praying for your husband tonight.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Laura.
      I pray you are having a good week.

      Delete
  2. Tammy, that was what my husband felt, right before he went on dialysis. Lots of pain, trouble breathing, crying with pain...
    But as I told you in my first comment on your blog, today he has a new kidney and he's the man I knew before all of that started.
    Have faith that God is with you and your family and that He can make a kidney transplant happen soon.
    It's a long and hard journey, but it will be worth it.
    You and your family are on our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paula.
      We go to Mayo for a one year 'well check' this Friday, and we will be mentioning the pain, and updating plans as needed. It's all scary and frustrating and sad. But again, God's got this.

      Delete
  3. Tammy, my husband read your post and he says that it is very important to tell the doctor every symptom and the lack of strenght, the gout...
    We'll be praying for you. Have faith, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, so sorry to hear your husband is in so much pain. I will pray for him tonight. Trust those healing hands of God. There is no other hands that we are safe, and protected then God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Paula.
    We are sure to tell everything to every doctor we got to, don't worry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Simply Farmhouse. We are grateful for prayers, so keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very sorry that your husband is experiencing so much pain. As my sister has only one kidney, we know that she may one day need a kidney transplant, and so I feel for you, as it's something we are very aware of around here. Right now, she is ok. I hope your appointment went well, and a new plan has been made to help him feel better.



    ReplyDelete

Rang the bell!

6of 6 chemo done. Thats a wrap, folks. On to radiation!