Monday, August 18, 2014

Contemplations

And a new weigh in.

Are you ready?  Really ready?  Here we go....171!!  Another 4lbs down, thank you Jesus! 

I have not worked out in about a week, and have had several days of 1800+ calories. Some over 2000. Yikes.  But this is an amazing gift, and I am not going to waste it.  Back on the treadmill, back to the elliptical and back to my DVD library and working out! 

21 lbs. Feels so nice.  Now, about those contemplations.  Here's what has been going on in my head lately.  Medicine.  I had another sugar crash, this one down to 41.  And again, once I was in it I binged.  A whole double Milky Way, tall glass of orange juice and a cheese stick. It was that much before I felt I could stop.  Then I just kind of keeled over sideways on the couch and went to sleep (again, I'd woken up from a 2 hour nap with the crash).  I slept another 2 hours. Argh.  They leave me DRAINED.

I am calling my endocrinologist this morning to talk about cutting the dosage, b/c I am afraid to take the Glimepiride at almost any time now.  I have to have immediate access to foods to stave off the crash, and that can lead to horrible binging to soothe the shakes and weakness.

I am still taking the Metformin, though as well as my Lantus in the am.  But the glimp? It's gotta go, or be reduced.  We shall see. 

Also on my mind, and Dh's....vegetarianism.
I never thought I'd ever be considering this lifestyle.  Ugh, it does not make me happy to do so.  But dh has Polycystic Kidney Disease, and he's trying to get serious about caring for himself.  So, if vegetarianism is the way to do that, then we are all in this together.  Minus the boy, b/c he's five and I won't force this on him.  Not sure to what extent we'll try this, whether complete veg or only part time (does that even count?) but it's def on the menu. Hey, at the very least, it will cut calories, right? (given the right recipes and food, of course)

And that's what's up in the mind of me.  Looking over my post, it seems to be all good things, at least long term. Now that's a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...