Saturday, March 22, 2014

So.....

I buried my mama yesterday.

It was bittersweet.  Painful because, well, this as far as we can go with her in this life, but sweet b/c we came together as a family to do it.  Distant cousins came, and we caught up a bit on life, and afterward my family (sister and brother and our spouses/kids) sat around laughing and chatting like old times, before the anger and bitterness tore a rift between us.

My mama would have been pleased. Would have said "Now that wasn't so hard, was it???", and "Why couldn't you all do this before I died???".  I don't know how long this camaraderie will last, but I hope the rest of our lives.

It's my prayer that we grow as a family and as individuals, not only together, but above all closer to Him.  Pray for that with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...