Monday, February 3, 2014

Well on his way!

Or, More Homeschooling!

We took a break in December, due to family issues, holiday stress, and general burnout.  That break lasted until February 1st. 

My mom got pneumonia, had a hospital stay, and now is in a nursing home. It's only in the past few days that I've had the energy or clear headed (hearted?)-ness to pick up lessons again.

These are the results.


 
(The word below Drake is Mario, his favorite thing in the world right now.  And that really is a 9, and not an i or a lollipop, lol.)

When we quit in December, Drake would happily trace letters and numbers, but only reluctantly attempt to write them on his own.  I was 'writing' most of them by guiding his hand.  Now? After his break, he's wide open to doing it himself! 

Both letters and numbers have been completed with only verbal cues as to how to form said characters, and he gets it 90% of the time.  Only a few times have I had to show/correct him on a letter.  I'm so proud of my big boy!

Come on, 2014 Homeschool, we've got this under control!

No comments:

Post a Comment

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...