Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hi, remember me?

Wow, it's been awhile!

The spring and summer have flown by, and while some things are pretty much the same, change is inevitable.  My thoughts are all over the place, and I can't seem to settle long enough to get a complete blog post together.  But the ideas are cookin'!

In the meantime, here's a list of books on my reading list now:

Radical by David Platt --  I've only read a couple chapters, but I am blown away!

Kisses from Katie -- on the way from Amazon, can't wait, I've heard good things about this one.

Parenting the Strong Willed Child -- b/c well, duh, I have a 3 yr old! lol

Not a Fan -- also on the way from Amazon, eagerly awaited.


I need to say, I am not a summer/heat person.  Living/growing up in the deep South, you'd think I'd be used to it, but I'm not.  I go into 'survival mode' and only go out for necessities, and only when I absolutely have to.  The lack of 'going' I think, has bogged my brain down too, lol.

Remember my mom?  Her condition is advancing, and it's affecting my outlook and attitude.  I'm facing health issues of my own (including surgery next friday, and a heart murmur scare--that turned out to be no big deal) so I'm tired, hot and distracted. 

Let's hope cooler weather brings relief on all fronts!

3 comments:

  1. Tammy!
    It's good to see you posting again. I'm sorry your mom is not doing so well. I will pray for her. I will be praying for you too in regards to your surgery. What kind of surgery will you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! Forgot the most important part of my reply. How is your daughter?? I'm still praying for her, and your whole fam!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Regina!

    I'm having an endometrial ablation. It's a last ditch effort to curb my heavy periods. We're to the point that it's this or a hysterectomy, b/c I'm constantly anemic.

    Sometimes dropping to 5 or 6 on the hemoglobin scale (12 is low normal/ok). I've had 2 d&c's and 1 blood transfusion over the years. I just want it to stop!

    Drake will be our only child, but we knew this within the first year he was born. So I'm okay with that aspect of it. Somewhat nervous about the anesthesia (there's a story there) but do I appreciate your prayers!

    ReplyDelete

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...