Saturday, December 1, 2018

Rain and colds and weddings, Oh, my!

It is a gray, blah, day here in SE Georgia. Matches the current mood pretty well, I'd say.

Last week, when we met with the 'new friend' and played at the park, it was chilly and breezy.
Welp, I came down with a cold. Sore throat, sniffles, a cough. Missed work yesterday. Off today for my nephews wedding. Still sick.

We had a playdate scheduled today with the friend, but Drake declared he had a sore throat and actually 'asked' for medicine! So no playdate, and no attending the wedding this afternoon, either.
Dh will go, and the two sickies will stay home.

Actually, despite the negativity, I'm looking forward to it. Seems like every day that I have off, I have to go back into town for something. Ugh, it gets tiresome! I never get to just stay home anymore. Well, I intend to enjoy this day, as much as a stopped up nose and head will allow.

I'll nap again, as I was up at the crack of dawn. Lay around reading, do a bit of laundry, maybe bake some brownies later. Even later, I may cook hashbrown casserole for supper, one of our favorites. I have a freezer full of chicken and ham, but as Dh picked up KFC for us last night, I am tired of the bird. Pigs it is! lol.

Here's my recipe:

1 bag  of O'Brian hash browns *the ones with peppers and onions in them if you can find them
1 large container of sour cream
1 an cream of chicken, or celery, soup
1 bag of shredded Colby jack cheese
Herbs and garlic/pepper to season
Diced ham, around 1 to 1.5 cups. Remember, it's salty so don't add salt!

Mix the sour cream and soup.
Blend this with the hashbrowns, herbs, ham, half the cheese.
Place in a baking dish 9x13
Bake at 400 til bubbly. You might have to cover to keep from burning/drying out
Top with remaining cheese, and let melt in the oven.
Enjoy!

Dh never turns down leftovers of this, and there is never any left over to throw out. It's just that good. Of course, the more cheese you use....   :D

Hope your day is bright and cheerful and free of ickies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...