Friday, December 14, 2018

It's a date!

So, the playdate finally happened this morning!

L and N came over around 10 and the boys played for 3 hours happily. L and I talked and
laughed and really enjoyed ourselves, getting to talk to another adult with common interests.
We plan to do it again as soon as we can.

It's another rainy day here, but pretty mild, temp wise. 66, actually.
Back to work tomorrow and Sunday, then our Christmas party is Monday evening. I need to
finalize what food I'm going to take. Maybe meatballs in a cheesy sauce? I'll figure it out after
discussions at work and I have a better idea of what they normally do.

Our tree is up and decorated, except for the star. I am so lazy, lol. I'll see if DH will do that.
There are several decorations around the 3 main rooms of our house, but I didn't do the guest
bath this year *it's Mario now, and Drake likes it that way, I"m also not putting up a tree in the
dining room or our bedroom. I'll  miss my candy tree in the dining room, but I just don't feel
like dealing with it this year. With Dh hurting, it all falls on me to both decorate and clean up.
Just not feeling it this time.

Our pastor's sermon last Sunday was The Mother of all Christmas Stories, featuring Mary!
I"m so happy to see this, b/c being Baptist, the mother of our Lord doesn't usually get much
"airtime". I'll catch it on pod cast when I have a quiet hour.

Most of our Christmas shopping is done, just a few gift cards to pick up. I'm setting the table each week of December, but am lazy about taking pics. It's all stuff I did last year, anyway. Who can afford to have different mats and stuff each year, lol? Still, it's fun and pretty, and makes me happy.

Hope your December is blessed!

6 comments:

  1. Most of our Christmas shopping is done. I have to buy stamps so I can mail the last batch of Christmas cards. I don't usually do Christmas cards because it is such an effort. I always get free cards from charities so I figure why let them go to waste. I also bought some from Dollar Tree. That's awesome your son playdate. I know it must be special for him to have a buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, about the free cards! And I love DT! A couple years ago, ours moved from a cramped strip mall to its own separate, larger building. So much more stuff! B/c we all need more stuff, right? lol Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my friend. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Tammy. I backlinked to find you after you left a comment on my gingerbread boys. It was wonderful to hear from someone new. I am your newest follower and will put your blog on my sidebar so I don't miss any posts. Have a blessed night and great upcoming Christmas season. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Welcome to my madness, of which there is often....NO method, lol. :D

      Delete
  3. Hello Tammy,
    Seems to be a very busy month! I so want to slow down and really entire December. May you have a wonderfully blessed Christmas.
    God bless,
    d on the prairie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope your Christmas was blessed as well!

      Delete

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...