Saturday, June 2, 2018

A rainy night....er, MONTH, in Georgia

So, it's been a month and I have yet to get pics from vaca up. Again, I'm having issues with getting them from my phone to my email. Once it get that straightened out, I'll post them.

As to the title of this post, well, that's what's happening in my neck of the woods. Rain. Nearly every day, for over a month. It's thundering again as I type, and more rain is expected. Of course, we need it, no doubt about that. But it means I have my lamp on by 4 pm, if not earlier, even with the windows in our open floor plan home. Kind of depressing.

Nonetheless, I endure, lol. Started my day with maple raisin oatmeal, and Prince of Wales (Twinings) tea. Delicious! A stronger flavor than English breakfast, but not overpowering. Again, I'd use 'smooth' to describe it. One Splenda only, no milk. Sweetens up nicely.

We are working on long division, and two digit (and more) multiplication in homeschool. Good thing I give us 365 days, b/c we need it. Drake just gets bogged down by all the steps, a bit intimidated. He's getting there, though. Fractions will probably happen the last month or 6 weeks of school, to prep for 5th grade. Yeah, I know, not as fast as public school. It works for us, and I figure he'll be caught up by the time graduation comes, lol. Seriously, so much pressure! Crazy.

Anyway, gotta dash, thunder is getting worse. Stay dry, chickies , and have a cup for me!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like you all are having a never ending monsoon! Our monsoon season starts soon and I'm not looking forward to severe thunderstorm warnings. Those are no fun but it's interesting to watch the lightning bolts and see them hit our backyard. We are safe because we watch from our living room.

    I just now requested a Twinning brochure. I want to try your Prince of Wales tea. It sounds very delicious. It's been hot here and my family thinks I'm crazy for having hot tea. I drink iced tea too but nothing beats a cup of tea in a pretty cup!

    Stay safe from the storms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tammy, I hope you get some sunshine soon! I've not seen that tea. It sounds nice.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...