Friday, April 20, 2018

On the road again....

We are leaving for vacation tomorrow night!
Kentucky, here we come, woohoo!!

It's been 8.5 years since we were there last, and we have missed it.
We'll be staying in Lexington, and here's our planned itinerary, so far, in no order:

Sisters of Charity Gardens
Abraham Lincoln sites (2)
Henry Clay's Ashland
Aviation Museum
Frankfort Sculpture Garden
Mary Todd Lincoln House
Kentucky Horse Park
Daniel Boone's Grave
Salato Wildlife Center
Yuko En on the Elkhorn Japanese Gardens
Toyota Plant Tour
Shaker Hill Center
Old Fort Harrod

And whatever else we can cram in! As you can see, we are big on gardens, and old houses/historic
places. Not only because they are interesting and educational, but also because they are usually inexpensive or free. For 3 of us to do everything above is around $180 TOTAL. Beats Disney by a (ton of) miles!! No offense to Disney lovers, of course. :)

7 full days of fun and family!! I cannot wait.

Oh, shout out to REGINA!!
Thank you so much for the tea, and I adore the tea pouch!
I'll be sending you a gift as well, once I'm back from vaca. My computer screen got messed up (my fault), and I just got it back yesterday. Tablets and phones are nice, but I do enjoy my big laptop!

Have a great week, chickies. I surely plan to!

Also, prayers for safe travels would be appreciated, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...