Saturday, March 17, 2018

Come on, Spring!

B/C I am heartily sick of the cold. Time to lighten things up around here!

This is my "Come on, Spring!" table. The tablecloth? Is a bed sheet!
The napkins are the two king size pillowcases cut up with pinking shears
for 'toppers' for the green napkins. The true color is coral, not pink.
Alstromeria from Walmart, vase from thrift store.

Good close up of the 'tablecloth', and napkin detail. I've reused these round, green
placemats many times. It's good to have a 'base' set of each color, as you will get
plenty of use out of them throughout the year.

Mrs. Bunny has flowers in her hand (paw?), to encourage Spring to come.

Mr. Bunny has a decorated egg, to remind us that Easter is coming!
This salt and pepper set came from Ebay, last year.

Candlestick from a local thrift store. They matched perfectly 
with this table!

The flower 'candle holder' is actually a planter from
Walmart! There was a much larger one also, but
I didn't need it. Still, they would make a pretty set.

So, that's my 'starter' Spring table.
Reuse (napkins, mats, candlesticks, vase, flowers),
Repurpose (planters, bed sheet, pillowcases)
and ENJOY! Shopping your house can
reveal a ton of decorative treasures. 

Just think outside the box....er, table!

2 comments:

  1. I'm tired of the cold too. We're getting snow tonight. It's March and we are getting snow. Sigh! I guess it's better than tornadoes.
    You teabag will be mailed today but because we live out in the country the post won't pick up from the mailbox until Monday. I've enclosed something extra I hope you like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Regina!
      I appreciate you doing this for me. I look forward to the tea, and your sweet surprise. :)

      We're supposed to have stormy weather tonight and tomorrow, maybe longer. Right now, it's bright and sunny, and my a/c is on 76, and running! Yay!

      Well, not yay that it's running up the bill, but yay that it's warm enough to need it. That said, I hate the summer heat. Give me moderate spring and fall, lol.

      Delete

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...