Wednesday, December 26, 2018

A Merry Late Christmas!

I am such a sloth, lol.
Anyway, the goings on here are as follows:

Drake and N had a 2nd playdate. N seemed really competitive this time, and Drake got a bit
frustrated by that. He's not as strong or fast as other kids, and they often take advantage. Perhaps
with time this will work out between them. We'll get together again in the new year.

Christmas was wonderful. Gathered with my family at my nephew's new house, then on to MIL's.
Our niece and her fiancé weren't there, having gone to his parents for the evening, but we had a great
time with MIL. Lots of loot. They are far too generous, but we are grateful.

We missed communion on Christmas Eve at church. No update was given on the FB page, and we haven't been to church in a long time. Every time Dh's off, seems like he hurts, and I only get Sundays off if I ask. It's been a spotty year for attendance on our part. Hope to do better in the new year.

2 days in a row off!! Yesterday and today. I am spoiled silly. Loving it. I adore being home, and
wish I didn't have to work, sigh. But, you do what you have to, eh? Back to the grind tomorrow.

I channeled my inner Italian (of which I actually have none, my people being from Great Britain only), and made cookies on my new Pizzelle iron. Lemon, with powdered sugar. I also baked them
5 min in the oven to really crisp up. They are delicious, but dry. Def need a tall glass of milk with these.

Next time I think I'll try coconut extract, then root beer!!, banana, chocolate, ect. Also, the traditional anise. I also have a rosette/timbale iron/s on the way. I'll update about that when they get here and I try them out.

Ds is sick today with a tummy bug. :(  Started last night as a sore throat, and then at 5:45am today, the vomiting started. Not too bad, and we now have meds for that. Not strep or flu, so that's a plus.

The day's have been in the 70s here in SE Georgia, and I am loving it. Bright and sunny. Makes me happy. Our porch is getting good use lately. :)

Well, that's about all for now. More later!



3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Tammy! I thought I would stop by, you are a delightful person and blogger. : )

    I enjoyed reading below of your inner Italian. I'm half Italian and half German, my husband is all Italian. Those Pizelles? Try them with a nice cup of coffee. Have you ever tried making Italian fig cookies or Italian seed cookies? So good.

    Blessings and prayers for your family and may those bad stomach bugs flee and clear from your family. ~Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, you must tell me more about these fig and seed cookies. Another 'hmmm', perhaps a mix of fig and seed in cookies? lol Are the seed cookies bene wafers? B/c we get ours from Byrd's Cookie Company in Savannah, or from a friend, and they are divine! I could eat a whole bag by myself, she says, with NO shame. :D

      Delete
  2. May God bless you and keep you in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...