Saturday, April 25, 2015

(Financial) Light on the Horizon, Current Goings On, and Linkies!

After nearly 6 months on the market, I finally received a decent offer on my mom's house.

We close May 8.  As I promised my mama, I will split this money b/t myself and my brother and sister. It won't be a lot (it's a mobile home and .5 an acre) but it will definitely help with some pressing bills.  We will also pay off our mortgage and begin (finally) to save for a new home.

In other news, homeschool is going along well. I've added some science units (put together and downloaded for free) as well as some US history/state worksheets. I make sure to intersperse the 'learning' pages with 'fun' pages, like word searches, dot to dot, and coloring. He seems to love this approach. I think he'll be more than ready for 2nd grade when October comes. Our year is from Oct 1-Sept 30.

                                                Stock Image

T Ball is going well, Drake seems to really enjoy his games.  He's expressed an interest in Tennis (mainly b/c we bought him a MarioTennis Wii game), and wow! our county is offering a 4 day Tennis Camp for K+ next month!  I'll send off his registration Monday. This is an answer to prayer, b/c for a great price he can see if Tennis is really something he wants to pursue. Stay tuned!

For great places to find unit studies and worksheets (not all free but def worth the money), see the links below:

www.SchoolExpress.com

www.Education.com

www.ChristianHomeschoolMoms.com

www.AllKidsNetwork.com (for mazes and puzzles)

www.K5Learning.com

www.FreeHomeschoolLessons.Weebly.com

www.EasyPeasy.com (this is a complete curriculum, totally FREE!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...