Friday, May 9, 2014

These boots were made for walkin'.....

And that's just what they'll do!
Once I get some (hiking boots that is), and get fit enough to hike any distance.

After our Greenville, SC trip, we fell in love with the mountains and hiking.
However, after a half mile on a family friendly trail (HA! the thing felt like the stairway to Heaven, with all the dang steps and climbing), we see clearly that we need some work in the fitness department.

To that end, we've joined a gym for 3 months.  So far I've been 3 times.  The first day, I walked and biked a total of 2 miles, then later that day I walked another 2 miles at Oatland Island Wildlife Center.  So 4 miles has become my starter goal.

Day before yesterday I managed that 4 miles, but it took me an hour and a half to do it. Lots of breaks and sitting in front of the industrial fan (thank goodness the gym is all but deserted that early in the morning! Embarrassment!) but I made it.  Go me!

Today, I did another 4 miles, 2 walking and 2 on the bike, in a little over an hour, no sitting in front of the fan, fewer breaks. My MIL was with me and she walked and biked some as well.  I love it! My main focus is on building my stamina, then worrying about depth of workout/calories.  Slowly but surely I'll get there.

I've got some 80 pounds to lose, and it will take longer than 3 months to do it, but I'm well on my way. Feet don't fail me now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...