Sunday, May 25, 2014

So far so good

I continue on my fitness journey.

I've become a regular (well, pretty regular-4 to5 times a week) member of the gym, as well as working out here at home.  The first three weeks I worked on distance, aiming for 4 miles every day/gym visit.

As of two days ago, I'm now focusing on calorie burning, aiming for 250 at the gym, and another 200 if possible at home.  I have an elliptical machine, and it's great for burning calories, even if you are still in the 'stop and start' stage as I am.  I've also got a Leslie Sansone walking video I've done a few times, and more recently Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred.

When Tony and I were going to a private trainer a few years ago, I didn't realize this was what she was using for her base workout.  It's tough (I have yet to do it) but it works!  B/t these and the gym, along with better eating (trying to stick to 1600 calories, ugh), I'll be fit in no time.

Well, I will if my stupid body ever gets the memo! Haven't lost anything beyond the first 5lbs, and more often than not, the scale says a 3lb loss.  Hmph.  I will persevere. I can tell I'm stronger and have more endurance than when I started, so it's all working for the good. So there, stupid body. I'm going to make you keep doing things you don't want to do. Bwahahahaha!

*Sparkpeople.com is a huge help to me in tracking calories and exercise. They also have great free videos, recipes and articles/forums to help you on your way. It's all free, so check'em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...