Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Reboot, please

And a link-up.
http://www.arabahjoy.com

'When you are your mother's daughter"

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. I Peter 1:18-19


I totally needed this article today.
That woman that walked away, overwhelmed with life, with demands, with stress?  That's me lately.
Chucking it all and just disappearing sounds heavenly some days.  Of course, that's not really ME thinking, just the circumstances.  But it is often how I react when  things get to be too much.  I am
not proud of this.

Example in point:  I visited the ER w/my mom (for minor things, she's fine) 3 times last week.  Then
I got sick.  Now Dh is sick, and I spent yesterday driving an hour each way to the dr, home, back into
town for meds, back into town to take him to the ER (chest pains, he's fine/stress), back home to drop
Drake off with my mom, back to the ER, back to my moms to pick him up b/c she was worn out, and
back AGAIN to the ER to pick up Dh.  I did not handle this well.  It was not nice, loving, or Godly.
It did not speak of a new creation in Christ. 
But I am empty.  Sleeping 5 hours at a time, a toddler going through teenager-hood 12 years early, friends chiding me for lack of contact, family that pooh-poohs my dreams and goals.  The list of things I need to do (insurance issues for my mom, house put in order/clean, worrying about money/lack of it, ect, ect, ect) seems to grow, looming like some monster from a long ago horror flick.  I dream of aliens overtaking the world, and burying dead people in my yard.  I'm serious people, I am out of whack.

All this, after a glorious Easter weekend.  Satan doesn't take days off, does he?
So the above linked article was most welcome this morning.  And reassuring to know that I'm not alone in my stressed out, reacting-badly life.  Even more reassuring that I have One backing me up, giving me strength for each day, helping me turn things around before they really do spiral totally out of control.  Now to remember that in the MIDDLE of all the crises, sigh.

Off to get in the Word, both written and physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...