Thursday, March 1, 2012

Clarity

This past week has been hard.  Painfully so. 

My mom is going downhill in respect to her Alzheimer's, it's been shown to me (once again) that I can't rely on sibling help with/for her, my sleep is upside down crazy, the boy has had a double ear infection, and Dh pulled a pec muscle so is in a sling and pretty much out for the count, so far as helping out/his normal home chores/activities.  Oh, and a couple days ago mama's refridgerator died, leaving it up to me to figure out what to do (b/c her 'friend' didn't live up to her offers to help).  So yeah, I'm stressed.

We missed last Sunday's services, morn and eve, b/c of the ear infection, and also last Wednesday night's as well, b/c Dh was newly hurt and on his way to/from the dr, courtesy of his work.  That's def been a contribution as well to my burdens.  We did make it to Bible Study last night, and though I was more than a bit distracted/out of it (just feeling emotionally disconnected from everything), it was just what I needed.

Bro. Vann mentioned at one point Jer 29:12-14.  It caught my attention b/c the preceeding verse, Jer 29:11 is my life verse. 

*For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.
Plans for good and not for evil, plans for a future and a hope.

So God spoke to me then, through this, reminding me that I need only call on Him, turn it all over to Him, and let Him work it all out.  He's in control, and thank goodness for it, b/c I surely cannot manage myself.  I needed this verse and reminder, b/c I have been pretty out of control the last few days, emotion and behavior-wise, and def needed that gentle reminder of what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing.

So my prayer today is from Psalms 40

*He pulled me out of a dangerous pit, out of the deadly quicksand.
He set me safely on a rock and made me secure.
He taught me to sing a new song, a song of praise to our God.

You have done many things for us, O Lord our God; there is none like You!
You have made many wonderful plans for us.
I could never speak of them all-their number is so great!


My mother may be fading, my siblings out of touch, and sickness and injury may be the theme of the day, but my Father in Heaven is in control, so I will go boldy into this day, knowing that He goes before me, and all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...