Monday, August 26, 2019

Feelin' hot, hot, hot!

Woo, what a summer!
May/June temps saw 100 plus degrees here. Electric bill was near 300 dollars. And that's set on 78, too. Ouch. I laughed when I read that folks were scoffing at 78 b/c of the online encouragement lately. I was seeing settings of 72 and even 68! How can an a/c keep up with that??? Ours would freeze up long before it ever got that low.

But seriously, 78 is comfy, with the ceiling fans on *yes, we have them in each room, and believe in them firmly. If you are busy cooking, working, in the house you will get warm. Just sit down under the fan, with a cool drink, and take a break. 15 min later, you're good to go.  68, pah!

Dh is doing much better. The drain is out, and the infection and fluid have shown no sign of returning, so far. He continues dialysis three days a week. He feels poorly and tired on those days, but Tues, Thurs, and weekends he sometimes has more energy. He's cut the grass twice now, and will try to weedeat early in the morning. He does the laundry, from washing to folding *he is now a house husband, and pretty dang good one*. He will lay out meat for supper, and has attempted a meal or two, with help and suggestions. He will run the vacuum if he feels like it. He will do homeschool math with Ds if I lay out the appropriate lessons.  He's a pretty awesome guy!

My MIL takes him to and from dialysis, and stays and waits while he's there. Its 30 miles away, to be close to his doctor. She often does dishes for me, and general tidies around the house when she's here. She's a great MIL!

I'm still working, got a small raise. For only 5.5 hours a day, it brings in some needed money without draining me too badly. Still, many days I come in and take a hour (or two) nap. Then I'm ready for family, supper cooking, and homeschool.

So, that's our life over the summer. We are looking forward to fall, and the past few days temps are reflecting its arrival. Weird, for SE Ga, though. It will stay warm during the days through October, if it follows the patter again this year.

Happy summer!

3 comments:

  1. Tammy you are amazing to work, take care of the needs of your family and homeschool. Bless you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wanted to say I'm glad your husband is doing well. I'm sure he is an awesome guy!😊

      Delete
    2. Thank you, sweetie. He is definitely a great role model for dealing with pain and adversity. I won't say he hasn't fussed or complained, but it is mild, and only occasional. Me? Sigh, I'd be fit-pitchin' all the time. Not proud of it, but it's true. The Lord has a ways to go with me, I'm afraid....

      Delete

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...