Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Happy New Year!

Our Christmas was quiet but good. We had a family morning of Dh, D, and me opening presents. Then I finished dinner. I already had my veggies done the previous night, so it was a matter of warming them, throwing the rolls into the oven, and putting the marinated beef roast in the crock pot (early that morning). 

MIL, FIL, my brother, his girlfriend filled our table, and ate nearly all the food. I did have a good bit of roast left over, but that's because I cooked two of them to be sure of enough. The leftovers are now in the freezer, for a future meal. We sat around after talking and enjoying each other. A good day!

MIL is healing nicely. Still has pain, moving around carefully, but pushing through. She's tough. 
Our New Year celebration consists of me baking blueberry muffins, Russian Tea Cookies, and BBQ chicken, with beans and rice, and pole beans for supper. That's our early NY's dinner, lol. I didn't get black eyed peas so its purple hulls, but they have 'eyes' too. The pole beans look like dollar bills, so they stand in for the greens, which we already had on Christmas. The chicken is just because it's quick and easy in the oven. I'll do a ham later in the month.

Tomorrow it's back to work. Dh went to the ER Sat night with breathing issues, they nearly kept him, but refrained. Sun night we were up all night with the same issues, plus his hernia was pushing into his chest and he was nauseated. We nearly went back to the ER but he toughed it out.

I drove him to dialysis and after he felt much better. It had been 4 days since the last time b/c of Christmas messing up the schedule. Can't do that again, clearly. We'll finish up the night relaxing at home, maybe watch the ball drop *seen one you've seen them all, frankly*, and go to bed.  A good night, lol.

I pray your New Year is full of happiness and blessings, and the worry and heartaches few.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5/5

of radiation finished. brachytherapy went well. no side effects. my last ct scan showed NED, no evidence of disease!! we will monitor ev...